Friday, June 1, 2007

Update 2: Minor Updates, Renames, and the Beginning of WC

Done this week:

Some minor updates and renames to the existing ctypes python bindings, with the aim of making names and files logical. Changed things like "client" to "repository" to make it clear what it really is, moved helper functions out of client.py, etc.

Also this week, I started work on the wc class for the ctypes binding. At this point, I have three methods working more or less completely, those being:

text_modified - checks the status of a given path in the working copy to see if the text has been modified

prop_modified - just like text_modified, but for props.

has_conflict - check for conflicts in the given path. This is slightly incomplete, in that it doesn't yet identify the kind of conflict.

I don't have extensive test cases written for these yet, but I do have some simple tests to give me an idea what's working. Once I got past some of the basic problems of moving from reading code ment to work with ctypes to writing code to work with ctypes, things have started moving more smoothly.

Next week, I plan on continuing minor updates to the existing code while putting wc.py into good enough shape to be added to the repository. I also plan on writing more complete tests, and making automated tests for existing functionality.

No comments: